Green Gulch is currently accepting applicants for the Kitchen and Guest Program work practice apprenticeships. Please find information and applications here.
Green Gulch is currently accepting applicants for the Farm & Land Steward Apprenticeship Program. Please find information and applications here.
Green Gulch is currently accepting applicants for Guest Student stays, from two weeks to longer. Please find information and applications here.
Green Gulch is open now for some retreats and workshops and the Sunday Dharma talks; all require pre-registration, except the Dharma talks. See the calendar and for updates, news, and information about events and ceremonies please sign up to receive Sangha News.
- Before booking or visiting, see Green Gulch Farm's current Health and Safety Requirements.
Green Gulch Guest House Now Open for Personal Retreats
Green Gulch Farm is pleased to once again welcome guests to its peaceful Lindisfarne Guest House. Guests enjoy three vegetarian meals daily, and are welcome during their stay to walk in the garden and through the farm to Muir Beach, to join meditation in the zendo, and attend Dharma talks.
- Dates for personal retreats will be available again beginning in February 2024. Please call 415-865-1899 if you have any questions.
The minimum is a two-night stay, within the period of the dates indicated.
Dates for 2023 are now full.
Dates for 2024 will be available soon.
- Small room with 1 double bed: Sunday through Wednesday — $125/night
- Small room with 1 double bed: Thursday through Saturday — $175/night
- If a second person joins in this room it is an additional $75/night
- King room, 1-person occupancy: Sunday through Wednesday — $175/night
- King room, 2-person occupancy: Sunday through Wednesday — $250/night
- King room, 1-person occupancy: Thursday through Saturday — $225/night
- King room, 2-person occupancy: Thursday through Saturday — $300/night
Lindisfarne Guest House
The Lindisfarne Guest House is a distinctive octagonal building with twelve rooms on two floors surrounding a 30-foot skylit atrium. The atrium provides a relaxing skylit sitting area where guests often gather to read or sit with a cup of tea by the fire. The building is constructed in a traditional Japanese style and heated with a central wood-burning stove and passive solar system.
The guest rooms are simply yet comfortably furnished, with large windows opening onto landscaped grounds. Each pair of rooms shares a bathroom and there is a centrally located shower. A sauna with additional set of showers is available in a separate building. The guest house kitchen offers fresh baked bread and jams, as well as seasonal fruit, coffee and tea.
The Wheelwright Center
The Wheelwright Center has four guest rooms directly across from the dining room in the central area. Two of the rooms (A and B) may be combined into a suite. Room C is a small room with a private entrance and shared bathroom. Room D is equipped with its own shower and bathroom and is wheelchair accessible. These rooms are also available for families with children under 12 and the rooms tend to be a bit quieter than those in the Guest House.
The Middle Green Gulch and Upper Green Gulch trails are only accessible from the Coyote Ridge Trail and from Muir Beach. We are unable to offer day visitor parking at this time to hikers and others who are passing through Green Gulch. Please remain on the marked trails. Facilities are closed to the general public.