Registration forms and payment must be received before noon on Tuesday, November 8.
Sunday, November 27, orientation at 3 pm – Sunday, December 4, closing at 2 pm
Sesshin, meaning "to gather, collect, and convey the mind-heart," is a traditional Soto Zen meditation retreat that includes formal zendo meals, Dharma talks, sitting and walking meditation, and private interviews with senior teachers. In order to understand the nature of our formal retreats, and to be clear about the details of the practice, please review a typical sesshin schedule, as well as the guidelines for zendo conduct. We ask those who attend sesshin to commit to following these guidelines and to participating in the schedule completely. If you have questions regarding the schedule or guidelines, please consult with the head of the meditation hall, the ino, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before completing your registration.
The in-person Rohatsu Sesshin is open to those who:
- have experience with formal Zen practice, including at least two in-person One-day Sittings at Green Gulch or City Center (or comparable experience and permission of sesshin leader)
- are fully vaccinated, including booster, for Covid-19
- have a negative PCR result within 72 hours before arriving, and negative rapid antigen tests taken at Green Gulch upon arrival and on day 3 of the sesshin
- agree to wear N95 or KN95 masks at all times when indoors at Green Gulch, including during zazen and service
Sesshin fees vary by housing requested. Housing preferences are handled on a “first come, first serve” basis.
- Guest House, Single Room - $980
- Guest House, Shared Room - $840 per person (this option only applies to partners or friends who register together for the sesshin with the intention of sharing a room with each other – Green Gulch will not be assigning people to room together at this time)
SFZC Members receive at 10% discount. For additional discount options, please email us at email@example.com.
Meals are included in the cost of sesshin. However, since meals are eaten formally in the zendo meditation hall, you will need an oryoki set. If you do not have a set, you will need to purchase one on arrival for an additional $55.
Registration has been closed for the sesshin as it is full.