On Saturday, December 31 there will be a period of zazen at 9:25 am and both an online and onsite Dharma talk at 10:15 am.
Come together with sangha to usher in the new year!
City Center's New Year's Eve celebration begins at 8:30 pm with light but energetic temple cleaning. After a pause to enjoy a delicious bowl of vegetarian longevity noodles, the sangha will sit in meditation together in the zendo as a ceremonial bell is rung 108 times. The night ends shortly after midnight with a bonfire in the courtyard, where participants are invited to burn traces of the last year and offer wishes for the year to come. All are welcome to this evening of ritual, reflection, and quiet celebration. Donations are appreciated.
For in-person, onsite attendance, please observe these Health & Safety Requirements:
- Participants must be vaccinated and have at least one booster shot.
- Participants must wear a KN95 or N95 mask at all times indoors.
- Participants are not allowed to attend:
- if they have cold or flu symptoms
- if they have been in close contact with anyone Covid positive in the last 14 days
- if they tested positive for Covid within the last 10 days. To return to the temple after a positive Covid infection, it must be at least 10 days since testing positive and the visitor must have a negative antigen test.