In the City Center Buddha Hall
Jukai (lay initiation) is a public ceremony in which practitioners receive the sixteen bodhisattva precepts and vow to live their lives in accord with them. Everyone is welcome to attend.
For this formal ceremony, please wear shirts/dresses/blouses that have sleeves and skirts/dresses/trousers that cover the knees.
Covid-19 protocols are required for in-person, onsite attendance. Please observe these Health & Safety Requirements:
- Participants must be vaccinated and have at least one booster shot.
- Participants must wear a KN95 or N95 mask at all times indoors.
- Participants are not allowed to attend:
- if they have cold or flu symptoms
- if they have been in close contact with anyone Covid positive in the last 14 days
- if they tested positive for Covid within the last 10 days. To return to the temple after a positive Covid infection, it must be at least 10 days since testing positive and the visitor must have a negative antigen test.
San Francisco Zen Center welcomes donations. Thank you for your support.