Director of Human Resources
The Director of Human Resources will be part of SFZC’s strategic leadership team, playing a key role in supporting the President and senior leadership in creating a thriving culture. The Director of HR will lead the development, maintenance and implementation of policy, performance management, retention, training and employee/staff engagement creating an equitable and collaborative culture. Furthermore, the Director of HR will work alongside the Personnel Manager to ensure legal compliance and enhance all aspects of the employee life-cycle. Additionally, the Director of HR will work with SFZC’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA) committee to help create a welcoming and inviting environment for all stakeholders.
Some Basic Qualifications and Work-Practice Experience Required
- Support supervisors with department specific training as well as provide annual training on health and safety, implementing “zero tolerance” policy towards sexual harassment and other agreed upon cultural competencies and organization-wide mandated topics.
- Manage employee disciplinary measures, grievances and support conflict resolution processes along with manager/supervisor/directors and other spiritual leadership.
- Work with various committees, the President, and Enso Village Spiritual Director, regarding retirement commitments and arrangements for qualifying Zen Center staff.
- Preferred bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience in Human Resources, Organizational development, and/or business administration.
- Must have the ability to work with a wide spectrum of people, who have vastly different professional, personal, and cultural backgrounds.
- Candidates need flexibility to adapt to change and intense work situations.
Please apply with a cover letter to email@example.com and share your applicable work experience as well as any connections/experiences you have with SFZC.