1. Read and reflect on Tassajara’s Summer Guidelines. All applicants must agree to observe these guidelines. They are a vital part of community life.
2. Fill out the Summer Work Practice Application [PDF] [Word]. Please note that the minimum stay (Summer 2021) is two weeks. Tassajara will contact applicants about availability within two to three weeks.
3. There is a one-time $75 nonrefundable fee for first-time students and a $25 processing fee for returning students. All application and processing fees must be paid prior to consideration of the application. The application fee may be reduced based on financial need. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
4. Please email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If sending electronically is not possible please mail to:
Tassajara Zen Mountain Center
39171 Tassajara Rd.
Carmel Valley, CA 93924
5. To check on road conditions and transportation options, please contact the staff at our Jamesburg House (which is 14 miles from Tassajara and where the paved road ends), at email@example.com or 831-659-2229.
6. Those who are accepted should arrive by noon on the day they are scheduled to begin so that they can receive orientation and settle in during the afternoon. For any change in plans, it is extremely important that students notify Tassajara immediately, and make sure they have a good phone number.