Who can host an event at Green Gulch Farm?
We host many kinds of events including workshops, yoga, meditation, and professional development - however we expect all guests to help us preserve a quiet, contemplative atmosphere.
How many overnight guest rooms do you have?
17 rooms with a total of 22 beds.
What is offered as part of the conference package?
a. Basic fee includes use of one meeting space and some amenities can be included for an extra fee.
b. Vegetarian meals can be added to any package.
c. Package does not include instructors or facilitators or any other sort of event coordination. A brief Zazen
instruction can be offered for the group if desired.
Is there on-site parking?
Green Gulch has two moderately sized parking lots for guests, carpooling is helpful.
Are these events listed on the Green Gulch website?
No. Event leaders must do their own advertising.
When does next year’s calendar open?
Each year the event calendar opens in February for the following year.
Is there cell phone reception at Green Gulch?
No, cell phones do not work here.
Is there Wifi available in the conference rooms and the guest accommodations?
Two of our conference spaces and all overnight guest rooms have Wifi– the Yurt does not. *
What are the COVID policies?
Because Green Gulch is a congregate living facility our health and safety guidelines may be more restrictive than city and state mandates.
- Vaccinations: Green Gulch requires proof of full vaccination of an FDA-approved Covid-19 vaccine: Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, or Johnson & Johnson. Visitors must reach full vaccination prior to their arrival which includes a booster shot for all who are eligible (individuals are considered eligible for the booster shot five months after their second dose for Pfizer and Moderna and two months after the single J&J shot, and if they are over the age of 12). Other vaccines that have been approved by the World Health Organization will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Testing: Guests are required to provide proof of a negative Covid-19 test taken within 72 hours of their arrival for a PCR test or within 24 hours for a rapid antigen test (test can be from a lab or home test). Proof of negative results should be uploaded to the form emailed to each guest a few days before arrival and/or submitted to the retreat leader.
If the guest has had Covid within the last three months, they should take a rapid antigen test within 24-hours of arrival rather than a PCR test.
- Masks: Mask requirements are subject to change in consultation with local mandates. KN95 Masks must be worn in any indoor space at GGF not designated for their group.
- Illness policy: If someone comes down with Covid/cold/flu symptoms while at Green Gulch, they are asked to report this to the retreat leader immediately, they will be asked to isolate, take a Covid test, mask if indoors with others, and eat outside or in their room. If the guest is here in a pod (i.e. spouse, friend they're sharing a room with), those people need to follow the same protocol as the symptomatic person.
- If a guest tests positive, they will be asked to leave Green Gulch as soon as possible. If they cannot leave immediately due to travel restrictions, we will support their quarantine to the best of our ability.
- These guidelines are subject to change and could include other safety requests.
* We do ask that groups be considerate of the contemplative atmosphere of this temple asking participants not to use devices in the public spaces, especially by not talking on the phone outside or in the guest house.