San Francisco Zen Center, located at Page and Laguna streets, offers charming guest rooms for short-term stays. This is a convenient and economical way to stay in the city while experiencing life in a Zen Buddhist temple and enjoying the serene elegance of a building designed by Julia Morgan.
Rates are per night and include breakfast with the resident community. Delicious vegetarian meals are available for lunch and dinner by donation; lunch is offered Monday – Saturday and dinner Monday – Friday. Bathrooms are shared with resident Zen practitioners, except for Rooms 1 and 48, which have private bathrooms. A wake-up bell is rung at 5:00 am. All guests are welcome, but not required, to join the daily meditation schedule and other activities.
Guest rooms are on the third floor except for Room 1.
For bookings of a week or more, we offer a discount of 10%.
You can view the available rooms and book online by clicking the buttons below. Once a reservation is made, we will review and process your deposit payment within one business day and send you a confirmation email. If you have any questions, please call us at 888.743.9362 or 415.475.9362 or email the reservations coordinator at [email protected].
Small Room, Shared Bath
With a double bed.
- Weekdays (Mon – Thur): Single $125. Double $150.
- Weekends (Fri – Sun): Single $135. Double $160.
Large Room, Shared Bath
With a queen-sized bed and the option of adding a futon or shikibuton.
- Weekdays (Mon – Thur): Single $145. Double $170.
- Weekends (Fri – Sun): Single $160. Double $185.
Large Room, Private Bath
- Room 1, accessible to the disabled, has a queen-sized bed, a writing desk, and a private bathroom with tub and shower.
- Weekdays (Mon – Thur): Single $165. Double $190.
- Weekends (Fri – Sun): Single $180. Double $205.
Large Room, Private Bath, and Kitchenette
- Room 48 is a large, quiet room overlooking the courtyard on the third floor, with a queen-sized bed, private bathroom with tub and shower, and kitchenette. There is room for an extra person with an added shikibuton.
- Weekdays (Mon – Thur): Single $185. Double $210.
- Weekends (Fri – Sun): Single $200. Double $225.
Check-In and Check-Out: Guest check-in is at 3:00 pm (or earlier if the room is ready) and check-out is 11:00 am. Because we are a Zen temple, our monks, residents, and staff keep a strict schedule. If you plan to check in later than 9:00 pm, please let us know when you make your reservation so we can plan to have someone available to answer the door and give you your keys. We cannot accept any arrivals after 10:30 pm. Once you have your keys, there are no restrictions about when you can come and go.
Cancellation Policy: Reservations cancelled within two days of arrival will be charged for the first night's stay. All other cancellations will incur a $35 fee.
Change Policy: Any change made to a reservation resulting in a refund will incur a $25 fee.