Three-Day Sesshin 2019, CC 6/6 – 6/8
Register by Thursday, May 30, 9 am
Sesshins are traditional Soto Zen meditation retreats that include formal zendo meals, dharma talks, sitting and walking meditation, and private interviews with senior teachers. In order to understand the nature of our formal retreats, and to be clear about the details of the practice, please review a typical sesshin schedule, as well as our guidelines for zendo conduct. We ask those who attend sesshin to commit to following these guidelines and to participating in the schedule completely. If you have questions regarding the schedule or guidelines, please consult with the head of the meditation hall, the ino, via email ([email protected]) before completing your registration.
Wednesday, June 5: Orientation and opening of sesshin
- 5:00 pm Oryoki instruction
- 6:30 pm Dinner in the dining room
- 7:00 pm Sesshin Orientation: While everyone is welcome to participate who is sitting any part of the 3-day sesshin, this orientation is required for everyone who has not participated in a 3-day, 5-day, or 7-day sesshin before
- 7:30pm Dharma Talk in the Buddha Hall
Fees: $180; $162 current members; $144 limited income. Some partial scholarships available.
Optional overnight accommodations, per night:
- $25, dorm (3+)
- $35, shared*
- $50, single*
*Subject to availability. Contact the shika (guest manager) at [email protected] or call 415.354.0395.
Contact the events coordinator at 415.354.0360 or by email [email protected].
To Register: Use the Register Online button above. Or please call the City Center main office at 415.863.3136 or the SFZC Reservations Office at 888.743.9362 or 415.475.9362.
- Please register by Thursday, May 30, 9 am
- If this is your first sesshin at City Center, please contact the ino (head of meditation hall) at 415.354.0391 or [email protected] prior to registering.