The Zoom link to participate in the class will be provided at least 24 hours before it begins. Please call 415-354-0360 if you have any questions.
NOTE: This class series has been postponed; will be rescheduled.
Four Thursdays, 4 – 5:30 pm PT
This class series is an opportunity to gather in community to explore the challenges of racialized trauma and heart-centered practices to foster resilience and healing.
Topics to be covered:
- The Culture of White Supremacy
- Trauma 101
- Response-ability in Black and White: What am I supposed to do?
- Head and Heart Integration-Mindfulness and HeartMath practices to cultivate resilience
- The Power of Envisioning: I Dream a World
Classes will also feature: meditation, music, and journaling.
Racial affinity groups will be part of this class series.
Primary Resource: My Grandmother’s Hands, Racialized Trauma and the Pathway to Mending Our Hearts and Bodies by Resmaa Menakem. Reading the book in preparation for the class is highly recommended but not required.
No experience in Buddhism necessary.
- General: $120
- Current SFZC member: $108
- Limited income: $84
No one turned away for lack of funds. Please register below.
Event postponed; will be rescheduled.