The Zoom link to participate in the class will be provided at least 24 hours before it begins. Please call 415-354-0360 if you have any questions.
Six consecutive Tuesdays, 5 – 7:40 pm PT
This course addresses two overarching questions: How does the practice of liberation inform activism to benefit the Earth? How can Earth activism become the practice of liberation? The course is designed as practical instruction in Earth activism for people already practicing Dharma.
Through presentation and discussion, we will explore the following:
- Who are activists and what is activism?
- Where is the intersection of your passion and your abilities?
- The many dimensions of lifestyle as action.
- Environmental careers. Volunteering.
- The difference between vanguards and movement builders.
- The importance of stories and storytellers.
- Environmental history. Environmental justice. Indigenous rights. Biocentrism.
- Information as power. Organizing and campaigning.
- Goals, strategies, tactics.
- Paths to victory and change within.
- Motivating yourself and others.
- Violence and non-violence.
- Burn out, grief, and love.
No activist experience required. Love for the Earth is a prerequisite.
- General $250
- Current SFZC Members $225
- Sliding Scale 1: $150
- Sliding Scale 2: $62.50
For additional discount options, please email us at email@example.com.
Or call 415-354-0360.