The Zoom link to participate in the class will be provided at least 24 hours before it begins. Please call 415-354-0360 if you have any questions.
Six consecutive Tuesdays, 5 – 6:30 pm PT
This class series is designed to educate, inspire, empower, and activate deeper and more effective Earth activism among its participants. Each class will include presentations by Tim Ream and a guest presenter, with small groups and plenary discussion. Love for the Earth is a prerequisite. No activist experience required.
1. You’re Already an Activist! – Guest speaker: Nobuko Hori, Activist/Dharma Practitioner
Who are activists? What is activism? What are we each already doing to create a just and sustainable world? Where is the intersection of your passion and your abilities? What does “winning” or “change” mean to you?
2. Life or Work? Or Both? – Guest speaker: Amanda Starbuck, Program Director at The Sunrise Project.
The many dimensions of lifestyle as action. Environmental careers. Volunteering. Taking activism everywhere.
3. Direct Action Gets the Goods – Guest speaker: Laurel Sutherlin, Senior Communications Specialist with Rainforest Action Network
Vanguards. Movement Builders. Story makers. Storytellers. Leadership.
4. The Intersection of Eco and Everything – Guest speaker: Jean Su, Energy Justice Program Director and Senior Attorney with the Center for Biological Diversity
Environmental history. Environmental justice. Indigenous rights. Biocentrism.
5. Activist tools – Guest speaker: Nicky Davies, Executive Director of the Plastics Solution Fund
Information as power. Organizing and campaigning. No greater activism than fostering more activists. Politics and bureaucracies. Goals, strategies, tactics. Paths to victory.
6. Spiritual Practice and Action
Change within. Motivating yourself and others. Comrades and enemies. Violence and non-violence. Burn out and grief. Love.
- General $225
- Current SFZC Members $202.50
- Sliding Scale 1: $135
- Sliding Scale 2: $56
For additional discount options, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or call 415-354-0360.