The Zoom link to participate in this event will be provided 24 hours before the start date. Please call 415-354-0360 if you have any questions. This program will have the option of closed captioning.
Saturday, 9 am – 5 pm PT
Morning Session: 9 am – 12 pm PT
Afternoon Session: 2 – 5 pm PT
Connecting the Age Old Wisdom of Ayurveda to the Here-and-Now Practice of Zen. Complementary paths to alleviate suffering.
In this introductory workshop we will explore together the Four Noble Truths and the Ayurvedic concept of Suffering. What is it to "study the Self to forget the self"? Understanding the wisdom of Bodhidharma and Dogen Zenji through the shastra or science of Ayurveda.
- What are the causes of disease?
- How to listen to the whispers of body and not the scream of the mind?
- What is consciousness?
- Why should we be compassionate to ourselves first?
- Understanding the Prakriti and Vikruti of our own body, mind consciousness
- Practical tips for cultivating Harmony and Healing
- Full price: $120
- SFZC members: $108
We offer a number of discounted tickets:
- Sliding Scale 1: $72
- Sliding Scale 2: $30
For additional discount options, please email us at email@example.com.
Or call 415-354-0360.