The Zoom link to participate in this event will be provided 24 hours before the start date. Please call 415-354-0360 if you have any questions.
Four Saturdays, 10 am – noon PT
Do you love making art but struggle to overcome the obstacles to actually do it? Have you been longing to come together with an intimate group to build a deeper community than is possible in larger retreats? To support each other in making art in a way that's more integrated into our daily lives? To explore the ongoing connection between our spiritual and creative practices as it is unfolding over time?
Let us join together as creative folk who meditate and meditators who like to make stuff.
Let's gather via Zoom for two hours on Saturdays in April to:
- build community
- make art
- interweave our spiritual & creative practices and chewing on the challenges that arise from that tapestry
- come together in symbiotic support and mutual inspiration, in all our vulnerability and prowess
- for the benefit of this beautiful planet and all beings
Does this idea make your energy go up?
Schedule - all times are PT
|10 - 10:30 am||Artmonk Practice (begins with seated meditation and leads into improvisatory drawing/writing/sounding/movement)|
10:30 - 11:10 am
|Heartshare in small groups (themed on topics relevant to the challenges and glories of artmaking and spiritual practice)|
|11:10 - 11:25||Break|
|11:25 - 11:55 am||Artshare (there is no requirement or pressure to share)|
|11:55 - noon||Closing & dedication of merit|
There are no particular supplies you need for this course. We will be engaging in a kind of improvisatory drawing. I encourage you to use whatever you already have. That said, it can also be inspiring to acquire new supplies. Here's what is recommended:
- a sturdy sketchbook
- a set of colored pencils (my favorites are Prismacolors)
- water soluble oil pastels (or these more expensive but delicious water colorsticks)
- black pens (such as a fine point Sharpie or the more refined Molotow fineliners)
- color pens
- For fine lines, Tuls are available in a set or individually at most OfficeMaxes)
- For wider coverage, nothing beats Posca Paint Markers
- and perhaps watercolors or gouache (For the most beautiful, lovingly, and responsibly made, check out Beam Paints, such as the Spectrum 11 Gouache Set)
You do not need everything listed above. You might want to pick just one item from the above list to get you started.
- General $200
- Current SFZC Members $180
- Sliding Scale 1: $120
- Sliding Scale 2: $50
Or call 415-354-0360.