led by Abiding Abbess Furyu Schroeder
Sunday, 3 pm - Sunday, 2 pm
March 29 - April 5, 2015
Sesshins are traditional Soto Zen meditation retreats that include formal zendo meals, dharma talks, sitting and walking meditation, and private interviews with senior teachers. In order to understand the nature of our formal retreats, and to be clear about the details of the practice, please review a typical sesshin schedule, as well as our guidelines for zendo conduct. We ask those who attend sesshin to commit to following these guidelines and to participating in the schedule completely. If you have questions regarding the schedule or guidelines, please consult with the head of the meditation hall, the ino, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before completing your registration.
Prerequisite: at least two one-day sittings at Green Gulch or City Center. If you have not participated in a San Francisco Zen Center sesshin before, please also communicate with the ino before registering.
Orientation will be at 3 pm, and oryoki instruction (use of eating bowls) will be at 4:30 pm on the first Sunday of the sesshin.
Meals are included in the cost of sesshin. However, to receive your meals, you will need an oryoki set. If you do not have a set, you will need to purchase one for an additional $55. To purchase your own oryoki set, contact the Green Gulch Farm Ino by email (email@example.com).
Fees: $595, $535 current SFZC members. (We offer a few partial scholarships for people with limited income. Please call the main office for details, at 415.383.3134.) To Register:
- Please note prerequisite above.
- Please fill out a sesshin registration form [ Word | PDF ].
- Submit your payment and form.
- To pay by credit card, use this button and email your registration form to the ino (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- To register by check, please mail the registration form to Green Gulch Farm with full payment (address to Sesshin Registration, Green Gulch Farm, 1601 Shoreline Highway, Muir Beach, CA 94965).
- Upon review of the registration form the ino will confirm by sending a letter of acceptance. Registration is not finalized until receipt of this letter.
Registration forms and payment must be received before noon on Tuesday, March 24, 2015. For questions, please call our toll free number (888.743.9362) or our local number (415.475.9362).
SESSHIN CANCELLATION POLICY:
22 days or more in advance: $50
21 days or less in advance: 50% of the total fee About Registration, Scholarships, and Cancellations