New Year’s Retreat 2019 – 2020, GGF 12/27 – 1/1
Led by Zesho Susan O’Connell
in Stillwater Hall
Being Present for Our Lives
Begins Friday, December 27, 2019, at 4:00 pm, dinner in the dining room
Ends Wednesday, January 1, 2020, at 11:00 am
This retreat held in the last days of the year offers a time of quiet and community, with a gentle schedule allowing for rest, reading and walking to nearby Muir Beach and in the hills surrounding Green Gulch Farm. Participants are invited to join the Green Gulch community in the daily schedule of early morning meditation, service, temple cleaning and breakfast. After a morning break, we will come together for a period of meditation, followed by a class and Dharma discussion.
After lunch, the schedule is open for quiet reflection, hiking, reading and rest, or for volunteer work around Green Gulch for those who would like to connect with the residential life in that way. We will meet again for the evening meal at 6 pm.
This retreat includes the Green Gulch New Year's Eve Celebration. We end the retreat on the morning of New Year’s Day with a toast at the Suzuki Roshi memorial site, followed by breakfast.
- Double accommodation in a large room: $1500 (limited availability and for couples only)
- Single accommodation in a small room: $800
- Double accommodation in a small room: $1400
- Fees include three meals each day
- For those retreat participants who wish, we offer the opportunity of arriving a day earlier for the retreat, for an additional $90
Registration: To register and to reserve accommodations, please call the Green Gulch office at 415.383.3134.
Register before December 1.