About Staying at Green Gulch
Settle into the natural and meditative environment of Green Gulch Farm. Surrounded by trees, fields and hills, discover a vast space for quiet and reflection.
Please note that there is a two-night minimum. Guest check-in each day is at 3 pm in the Welcome Center (office closes at 5:45 pm). Late check-in between 6 pm and 9 pm is possible with 24 hours notice. No arrivals after 9 pm.
Three organic vegetarian meals, often featuring freshly harvested vegetables from our fields, are offered daily at Green Gulch. With a buffet-style serve-up at 7:15 am, 12:15 pm and 6:00 pm, the dining room is a wonderful place to be nourished and be in community. Meals are included for overnight guests. If you would like to have lunch on both your arrival and departure days, please leave a donation for the extra meal in the box in the dining room.
Muir Beach is a 20-minute walk from the central area; trails lead to Muir Woods to the north and the Golden Gate National Recreation Area to the south.
What to bring:
- Slippers or warm socks for the Guest House, Zendo, Wheelwright Center, Yurt and Library (please remove your outdoor shoes when entering these areas)
- Walking or hiking shoes and slip-on shoes
- A flashlight (especially recommended in winter)
- A water bottle
- Warm clothing in layers; the weather is often cool, even in summer
- Plain loose-fitting clothing in dark or neutral colors if you plan to join us in the meditation hall
- Rain gear (winter and spring)
- Guest Students: Work clothes and shoes, bedding or a sleeping bag, a towel, and an alarm clock
There is no cell service at Green Gulch. Most cell users can get a signal at the beach or the ridge, each about a 20-minute walk from the main area.
We offer wifi in the Library and Wheelwright Center rooms.