and Erica Reischer, PhD
in the yurt at Green Gulch Farm
Saturday, September 20, 2014
11 am - 5:30 pm
This workshop is for any parent who wants to cultivate greater mindfulness and learn proven parenting methods for shaping positive behavior and raising happy, secure and loving kids. Workshop topics include:
• The ABCs of great parenting—Acceptance, Boundaries and Consistency.
• How to gently reshape challenging childhood behaviors.
• How to help kids and their parents manage intense feelings.
• How to cultivate “happiness habits” in your family.
• Meditation instruction.
• Mindfulness practices for children and their parents.
• Buddhist principles that support sound parenting. Fees:
$85, $76 current SFZC members, $68 limited income. To Register:
Use the Register Online button next to the date you would like to attend. Or call our toll free number (888.743.9362) or our local number (415.475.9362).
Laura Burges is a lay entrusted teacher who lectures and leads retreats at different practice centers in Northern California. A teacher of children for 30 years, she brings mindfulness practice to elementary classrooms. She co-founded the Sangha in Recovery program at San Francisco Zen Center.
Erica Reischer, PhD
Erica Reischer, PhD, is a local psychologist, mom and parent coach in private practice in Oakland who is passionate about helping moms and dads be mindful, loving and effective parents. She received a PhD in psychology/human development from the University of Chicago, and was a recipient of a MacArthur Foundation Grant, a National Institutes of Health Fellowship, and a Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship for her research. For more information, please visit www.DrEricaR.com.