Embracing Change: Zen and the Art of Creating a Life You Want
With Keiryu Liên Shutt
in the Conference Center at 308 Page Street
Saturday, November 17, 9:30 am – 3:30 pm
Are you at a point in your life in which you feel like it's time for a change, but you're not sure how to proceed?
Change can be hard. Especially a change that we haven't chosen at this time, such as job or relationship loss. Or perhaps this is a life-transition time. Maybe as you think of all the many possible ways to go, you begin to feel confused: "Shall I do what I've always wanted to do, or stay with what I know?" "Is it time to go toward my 'heart's desire,' or is it time to get more training?"
At times like these, teachings both from Zen Buddhism and from the motivational field can help us. Join Liên for a daylong workshop in which we will explore how to incorporate both meditative practices and behavior-change skills in order to:
- Find stability and centeredness so that you can be truly present and aware.
- Use tools to help you evaluate what you’re feeling "called" to do at this time in your life.
- Learn what may be keeping you from achieving.
- Discover tools to help you set and achieve goals.
The time for change has come into your life. Come see how you can learn to meet this with ease, grace and skill, and go towards the life that is waiting to be created by you!
Fee: $100; $90 current SFZC members; $80 limited income.
- Lunch, tea, and an afternoon snack will be provided.
- Some partial scholarships available; see About Registration, Scholarships, and Cancellations. No one turned away for lack of funds.
To Register: Use the Register Online button above [available soon]. Or call the City Center main office at 415.863.3136 or the SFZC Reservations Office at 888.743.9362 or 415.475.9362.