Continuous Practice: What's Happening Now?
(view description for Winter 2015 Practice Period at City Center
with Urban Temple Dharma Teacher Ryushin Paul Haller
January 21 - March 28, 2015
Students in this program may participate entirely from home through our online practice period offerings, or may attend one or more practice events in person. Online practice participants may attend practice period events at the member rate.
The following offerings will be available to online participants through a forum set up for practice period participants. Access to the practice period website will be provided in the weeks prior to the practice period, after payment of the online participation fee (see below).
- Live-streamed dharma talks on Wednesdays, Saturdays and during sesshin.
- Access to the video of the practice period class, Continuous Practice—What’s Happening Now?
- Downloads of handouts, readings and exercises for this class.
- The opportunity to interact in small groups.
- Interactive meetings with Paul Haller, the shuso and other participants via conference calls.
- One-on-one practice discussions with a senior student.
- Blog posts from the shuso (head student).
- Opportunity to have an online practice relationship with other students practicing offsite.
See the online participation practice period application below for recommendations on how to participate from home. Online Participation Fee:
$149; $134 current members; $119 limited income; $90 European sangha registrant. Some partial scholarships available. Online Participation Practice Period Application Process:
Please sign up early, in order to best support the program.
- Download the online participation practice period application [Word]/[PDF].
- Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay your online participation fee here.
- Applications for online participation will be accepted through Monday, January 26.
(Deadline extended to Monday, February 2.)
Registration and general inquiries may be directed to email@example.com
. Technical questions, comments and feedback may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
. About Registration, Scholarships, and Cancellations
Ryushin Paul Haller (Urban Temple Dharma Teacher)
Ryushin Paul Haller is a dharma heir of Sojun Mel Weitsman and has taught at Zen Center for over 20 years. He served as abiding abbot at City Center from 2003 to 2012, and remains at City Center as urban temple dharma teacher. Originally from Belfast, Northern Ireland, he teaches throughout the US and Europe and has led mindfulness programs to assist with depression and recovery. Paul has also taught in prisons and has a long involvement with the Zen Hospice Project. He has been practicing yoga for 25 years.